Click here to launch the blockchain simulator.
(hosted @ hnldesign.nl)
- A Memory Pool
- A Miner (one representing many, for the purpose of simplification)
- ‘The Blockchain’ (an overview of all blocks mined)
- SHA256 mining (with optional MD5 hashing, for shorter, more readable hashes)
- 32-bit string noncing
- Adjustable hash rate (with a clock-multiplier boost)
- Difficulty adjustment
- Auto-replenishing Memory Pool (generates random transactions to prevent running dry, unless paused)
- Actual individual transactions (represented as SHA256 hashes)
- Miner and Memory Pool are individually pausable (or both at once, using the master control)
About the simulator
Everything is simplified ‘to scale’, in that there is a block target time of 10 seconds, as opposed to 10 minutes, base difficulty starts at 4 bits (one leading zero) instead of 32. Furthermore, difficulty adjustment occurs every 5 blocks, and blocks only contain 9 + 1 coinbase = 10 transactions.
Click here to launch the simulator. (hosted @ hnldesign.nl)